Swivel UK and Designers Quarter are fully committed to comply with the GDPR legislation, coming into effect on the 25th of May 2018.
This means that we will, as we always have, put your privacy first. You can trust us with your data and we will ensure that we protect it from fraud and unauthorised use. It also means that you are control of how we use your data and you are entitled to receive more information about how we process your data, or ask us to delete it at any time.
- through your use of our site (Swiveluk.com or Designersquarter.com)
- by interacting with our content and/or services or
- by contacting our Customer Care Team.
This policy also applies to information held by suppliers and possible future suppliers, contacts and all other people we hold information about.Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it.
Please also refer to our Terms and Conditions
You must be over 18 to register for a personal account, subscribe to our emails and/or place an order with us. The Site is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
Our Data Protection Officer is James Stewart who can be contacted by emailing; [email protected]
We are a company registered in the United Kingdom under registration number05806638and our registered address is 1d Shelford Place, London, N16 9HS, United Kingdom.
The legal basis we rely on
For example, when you tick a box to subscribe to our newsletter at the time of placing an order or by entering your email address and then confirming you wish to opt in through an email sent to you.
For example, we will collect your shipping address when you place an order.
For example, we may pass on details relating to fraud.
We may use your data to send you information such as order confirmations or order updates. We will also combine the shopping history of many customers to identify trends, which will help us when ordering stock or developing new products. We may send you marketing information relating to your previous purchases and you can opt out of these at any time.
Information we collect
By ‘information,’ we mean personal information about you that we collect, use, share, store and transfer in physical and electronic form. This information can be grouped together in the following categories:
- Identity and Contact Information includes first name, last name, email address, telephone number, delivery address, billing address or any other information you provide within your personal preferences through your profile builder or to staff at our showroom.
- Financial Information includes bank account and payment card details
- Transaction Information includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us
- Technical Information includes IP address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, language, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access the Site or any Application
- Profile Information includes first name, last name, email address, telephone number, delivery address, billing address, password, purchase and order history.
- Usage Information includes information about how you use the Site or any Application and our products and services
- Marketing and Communications Information includes your preferences in receiving marketing from and your communication preferences
- Contact History means keeping a record of what you have said to us, for example, over the phone, by live chat, through a web form, by email, on social media or otherwise
- Social Information means information collected if you choose to like or follow us on social media.
How we collect information about you
You may give us your information by filling in forms on the Site or any Application or in our showroom or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email, on social media or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you:
- register for an account with us (whether online or in the showroom);
- place an order;
- sign up to our newsletters;
- request marketing to be sent to you;
- contact our Customer Service Team;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey; or
- give us some feedback.
As you interact with the Site or any Application we may automatically collect Technical Information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this information by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies. We may also receive Technical Information about you if you visit other websites employing our cookies.
We may also receive information about you from various third parties such as: analytics providers, advertising networks, search information providers and payment service providers.
How we use your information
We use your information in the following ways:
Identity & Contact Information
- to deliver your purchases to you
- to send you messages relating to your order
- to create and manage your Swivel UK/Designers Quarter account
- to provide customer service and support, and handle orders and returns
- for security and to check your identity
- to provide you with marketing
- to show you adverts as your browse the web
- to direct you to the right part of the website
- to communicate with you
- to take payment, and give refunds
- for fraud prevention and detection
- to provide products you order to you
- to provide customer service and support, and handle returns
- to find out what you, and other customers, like
Technical & Usage Information
- to improve our Site and any Application and set default options for you
- to keep our Site safe and secure
- to find out what you, and other customers, like
- to find out what you, and other customers, like
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may be of interest to you
Marketing and Communications Information
- to send you information by email, SMS, post, other otherwise, about our products and services
- to provide customer service and support
- to train our staff
Will we share your information with third parties?
Except as expressly set out in this policy we will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties or are required by law to do so.
- Companies that help us fulfil your orders such as payment service providers and delivery companies
- Delivery Companies we use: Simarco, DSV, EagleXpress and DPD local
- Professional service providers, such as marketing agencies, advertising partners and website hosts who help us run our business
- We use Campaign Monitor to send you marketing email
- Credit reference agencies, law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies, so that we can help tackle fraud
We may also share your personal information with:
- law enforcement agencies, other governmental agencies or third parties if we are required by law to do so; and
We may provide third parties with aggregated but anonymised information and analytics about our customers and, before we do so, we will make sure that it does not identify you.
Will we transfer your information overseas?
The information that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services.
When we, or our permitted third parties, transfer your information outside the European Economic Area, we or they will impose obligations on the recipients of that data to protect your information to the standard required in the EEA or otherwise require the recipient to subscribe to international frameworks intended to enable secure data sharing. In the case of transfers by us, we will put in place appropriate safeguards to ensure that your information remains adequately protected. If you would like more details about the safeguards that we rely on, please contact the Customer Service Team on [email protected]
At any time, you have the right:
- to request access to or a copy of any information which we hold about you;
- to rectification of your information, if you consider that it is inaccurate;
- to ask us to delete your information, if you consider that we do not have the right to hold it;
- to withdraw consent to our processing of your information (to the extent such processing is based on previously obtained consent);
- to ask us to stop or start sending you marketing messages as described below in the marketing section;
- to restrict processing of your information;
- to data portability (moving some of your information elsewhere) in certain circumstances;
- to object to your information being processed in certain circumstances; and
- to not to be subject to a decision based on automated processing and to have safeguards put in place if you are being profiled based on your information.
Any request for access to or a copy of your information must be in writing and we will endeavour to respond within a reasonable period and in any event within one month in compliance with data protection legislation. We will comply with our legal obligations as regards your rights as a data subject.
We aim to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate at all times. To assist us in ensuring that your information is up to date, do let us know if any of your personal details change. You can access, update or correct your personal account details via your account section of the Site.
Data Subject Access Requests
You can request information on any details we hold of you or ask them to be removed at any time.
Data subject access requests must be made in writing and we advise emailing [email protected] to ensure action is promptly taken.
Please include the following:
- Full Name
- Email Address
- Details of the specific information you require and any relevant dates
We may ask for further information to identify you and ensure the personal data relates to the individual making the request.We will respond within one week of receiving the information we require to carry out your request.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. For your added security all payment transactions are processed automatically by Adyen, and we are not party to your personal credit card or bank details. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
We may use your information to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you.
You will receive marketing messages from us if you have requested information from us or purchased goods or services from us and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
We may also market to you if we have received your express consent to do so including where we have collected your details in connection with a competition or other promotion and you have agreed to receive marketing from us.
You can stop receiving marketing messages from us at any time by emailing [email protected] or clicking unsubscribe on any marketing email.
Once you do this, we will update your profile to ensure that you don’t receive further marketing messages.
Stopping marketing messages will not stop service communications (such as order updates).
We also engage in online advertising, also to keep you aware of what we’re up to and to help you see and find our products.We do this using a variety of digital marketing networks and ad exchanges, and we use a range of advertising technologies like pixels, ad tags, cookies, and mobile identifiers, as well as specific services offered by some Sites and social networks, such as Facebook’s Custom Audience service.The banners and ads you see will be based on information we hold about you, or your previous use of the Site or any Application (for example, your Site search history, and the content you read on the Site) or on Site banners or ads you have previously clicked on.
How long will we keep your information?
We will keep your information for as long as you have your account, or as long as is needed to be able to provide the services to you, or (in the case of any contact you may have with our Customer Service Team) for as long as is necessary to provide support-related reporting and trend analysis only.
If reasonably necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our Terms and Conditions, we may also keep hold of some of your information as required, even after you have closed your account or it is no longer needed to provide the services to you.
Where we are permitted to send you direct marketing communications we may retain your contact information necessary for this purpose, (provided that you have consented to receiving them) for as long as you do not unsubscribe from receiving the same from us.
How to contact us
Questions, comments and requests regarding this policy should be addressed to [email protected]
If you have any concerns about our use of your information, you also have the right to make a complaint to the data protection regulator. In the UK, this is the Information Commissioner's Office, which regulates and supervises the use of personal data in the UK, via their helpline on 0303 123 1113.
Changes to this Policy